I went to Marshalls and picked up these two things. The aqua makeup brush cleaning mat was only $6. Sigma beauty sells a makeup brush cleaning mat, but I feel like it’s so expensive. This was $6 and did the job. It cleaned my brushes just fine 😊.
The other product I bought is a $2 fiber mascara (YES $2) that I am actually not allergic to! It made me look like I had falsies on. It is by Max Makeup Cherimoya. I wish I had a picture!
If you haven’t yet, check out my last What’s in my skincare travel post!
Hello all! It’s been way too long! I apologize, it’s been a little crazy, but I am finally on YouTube! I went out of my comfort zone and filmed/edited my first video! Please feel free to comment, rate, subscribe! Also, let me know your feedback here, my social media, or even under my video.
Yes, I’ve been MIA. I was going through cheer tryouts, for those of you who don’t know, I am a cheer coach at my former high school. (: Yes, I do love it. You’re probably wondering how it’s like dealing with teenage girls, but it’s not so bad. It has it’s ups and downs, but more ups! Followed by cheer tryouts from Monday-Thursday from 5:30-8:30pm, after work on Friday, I drove to Hermann, MO for a bachlorette weekend. My best friend is getting married! Here are a few pictures from our adventures this past weekend. Needless to say, I got home Sunday mid-morning and crashed for a couple of hours.
Gorgeous weather and great wine, and I couldn’t ask for better friends to spend the weekend with. I know this post is different from all, obviously, but I thought I’d share some of my personal life with you guys since you’ve been following me for a while now.
I think I’m gonna do a tutorial tonight, and post it tomorrow so stay tuned! Hope your Monday is great, see ya guys!
Hello again! I’ve been doing this detox (Yes, you can still eat). It’s been one of the best ones I’ve ever been on, to be honest. It’s with Arbonne and I learned more about it by listening in on a healthy happy hour workshop (: Here’s the deal with all of the products I’m using.
This is something you drink first thing in the morning. Take it like a shot. That’s what I do anyways. Arbonne’s Digestive Plus promotes digestion and nutrient uptake. It supports your intestinal wall, antibiotics, medications and stress. It improves calcium absorption and manufactures B vitamins.
Energy Fizz Sticks
Replacement for coffee and soda. I will drink one of these after I drink my breakfast (protein shake), we’ll get into that next. Actually, I drink one of these around like 9-10am. Fizz sticks help with that mid morning/mid day slump These boost your metabolism and they are free of artificial sweeteners, flavors, or color. You can get these in two flavors, citrus and pomegranate. I mix this with about 6-8oz of water.
Protein (1lb of Vanilla & 1lb of Chocolate)
In the morning and sometimes after a workout instead of eating, I’ll make a protein shake. (: I use 2 scoops of protein with 10oz of liquid. It can be water, almond milk, whatever you want your base to be. Then you will add in 1/4 or 1/2 a scoop of Fiber Boost. The Fiber Boost helps you feel satiated, and it is gluten-free grain and vegan fiber source. So 2 scoops of protein, with your base, fiber boost, a handful of greens (kale, spinach, or Arbonne’s Greens), and frozen berries or green apples.
*Pre/Post WorkoutThis would be a protein shake. You should definitely try 2 scoops of vanilla protein with one scoop of fiber boost, and then shake a little bit of cinnamon in it. Talk about heaven!
Herbal Detox Tea
A cleansed body is a healthy body! This tea has nine botanicals to help cleanse and rid your body of toxins. I drink this a little bit before I go to bed. It is caffeine-free. It aids in the mobility of fiber and supports the kidney and liver function. By cleansing and eliminating toxins, your body is able to to process foods correctly.
7 Day Cleanse
Drink this on a Friday or Saturday. You will dilute this with 1 liter of water (32oz) and drink it throughout the day. (Be ready to use the bathroom a lot). You’re drinking liquids/a lot of water..it’s almost like “breaking the seal,” haha. Then you’ll drink an additional liter of water. (See, just break the seal).Here is a little recipe if you like a dreamsicle! (:
– 2 scoops of vanilla protein
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
– 1/2 cup of water
– 3 oz of orange juice concentrate
– 1 tsp honey
Blend it all up until it’s smooth and enjoy!
Pina Colada Shake
– 1 cup of coconut milk
– 1/2 cup of fresh or canned pineapple
– 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
If you want a healthy muffin recipe
– 4 scoops of vanilla or chocolate protein
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup egg whites
– 1/4 unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Here’s how you can get 20% off of everything I just talked about above! (: Enjoy beauties and health nuts!
Sorry for the hiatus, but I was sick for about a week and that never happens. I’m only usually sick for about one or two days. It happened New Years Eve night and it turned into a never ending cold. Thankfully it’s over!
I have quite some gifts I want to show you all and talk about, but that is for a couple days later this week. I actually have quite a few products to write about so just stay tuned and sit tight.
I purchased this back in December when I was Christmas shopping for one of my friends, and came across this beautiful palette. It is Makeup Forever Artist Shadow Palette Volume 1. Yes, super long name. I love all of the colors, and it is one of my favorite nude palettes. I have a problem with purchasing nude palettes because they are all different to me. The colors are not the same as the one in Lorac Pro’s palette or the Naked 2 Palette. This palette retails for $44 at Sephora. Swatches below.
*(Disclaimer: This picture does not belong to me).
The colors are gorgeous (: They are all very pigmented. It is perfect for day time and night time looks and if you wanted to create a smokey eye.
In the first picture above, I also have a beauty blender pictured. Okay, I know I’m super late in the beauty blender game. I couldn’t justify spending $20 on one, but I finally bought one, and OMG, LIFE CHANGING! Literally, for all my beauty blender lovers out there, I know why you love this so much! For me, I don’t have to use a lot of product because the blender is really good at distributing my foundation all over my face. I started out using a blender from Ulta and you can definitely tell the difference. I like my real techniques beauty blender from Ulta, and I still have it because I like the shape of it and it gets/blends under my eye really well, but using the actually beauty blender brand does wonders. The beauty blender retails between $20-$25 depending on which one you want to get. You can purchase one at Sephora.
Well, that’s all for today, hope you enjoyed this and please leave any questions or comments below. (:
Just wanted to let you all know I’ll be doing this 30 day to healthy living challenge and you should think about doing it with me! I’ve been going to the gym for quite some time now, but haven’t found the right products to support my body until I discovered Arbonne!
If you haven’t heard of Arbonne, you definitely need to check it out! I finally found a beauty line, I love and works! Here are some products you need for Christmas/New Year! 🙂
1. Peppermint Foot Cream
I won this product at an Arbonne event, just the tube of lotion though. It says what it’s supposed to do. I mainly put it on the heels of my foot. The other round container is the foot scrub. I don’t have it, but I will be purchasing soon!
2. Seasource Detox Spa
This is a green mud mask. I use this once a week and it feels so good when you put it on. Everyone needs a deep cleanser at least once a week. Depending on how much I’m doing through out the week, I’ll use it in the middle of the week as well. Especially if I’m putting on makeup often. You can also use this face mask on your body. You leave it on your face for 10 minutes, and if you use it for your arms or legs or other parts, then you leave it on for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Exfoliating Cell Scrub
This product I use once a week as well, especially during the winter time. This and the next two skin care products I’ll be showing will be great if you have dry or very dry skin. It gets all of the dead skin off of your face!
4. Smoothing Facial Cleanser
After using this and washing it off your face, your face feels SOOOO good and smooth! It’s like you don’t even need moisturizer, but always moisturize! I like to put some of this on my clarisonic, and it is foamy so it cleans your face pretty well. Every morning, I will use this and this is now my new morning routine.
5. Day Cream with SPF 15
I always use a moisturizer with a SPF. It is good to use a day cream that has a SPF just in case. With this moisturizer, a lot goes a long way! I only use one pump and it covers my face. My face doesn’t get dry at all during the day. It lasts all day!
6. Hair Mask
I use this after shampooing and I love the hair mask! I leave it in my hair for a good 5 minutes and then wash it out. After I wash it out, I’ll use my conditioner. This hair mask repairs your ends and damaged hair. There is another hair mask in a purple jar for colored hair or if you’ve colored your hair. I have not tried it. This mask is light weight and easy to wash out. It leaves my hair light as well after it gets washed out.
7. Hair SerumThis is my HOLY GRAIL! I have not found a better hair serum than this. It goes on wet hair, dry hair, etc. This is the best hair serum, ever! I promise you, if this is the only product you get, this is the one! It’s very light weight, smells really good, and it also works as a heat protectant. I use it after I wash my hair, and I blow dry it…oh my goodness, makes my hair soft and shiny. I put it on my ends when my hair was dry, and I instantly saw results in my hair. You will never buy another hair serum again after trying this. <3
8. Tahitian Coconut Lip Scrub & Balm
Love this! The scrub is very soft even though it’s a scrub. Don’t eat it! Haha, it smells delicious! This gets dry skin off the lips and feels so good. Even the scrub is moisturizing. I obviously use the lip balm after the scrub. The balm lasts more than half the day for me. I mean, it depends on how much you’re outside and how cold it is wherever you are living or traveling. This is also one of my favorite products.
9. Hand scrub and Hand Creme
The hand scrub is the first picture and you actually get a lot. It comes with the scoop too. This stuff smells great and the scrub is also already moisturizing after you wash it. Literally, escape dry winter hands with both of these products. The hand creme is used after the scrub to enhance the outcome, of course. I use this at least once every two weeks or so. It feels great and the scent is refreshing.
Since it’s 12 degrees here in Missouri, I figured I would do a “Get to Know Me” post. I’ve been blogging for a little over two years now so here are some questions I’ll answer.
1. Describe your blog in a few words – Witty, feisty, beauty, and fun
2. What was your favorite subject in school? English. Everyone hated English, but I loved it. I love writing and still do :-)3. What is your favorite drink? I’m a big Coke fan if I drink soda. If I don’t drink soda…I would say water or chai tea or latte. Sorry, I have a few. If it’s an alcoholic drink, Crown & Coke, please. Yes, I’m legal everyone. 26 to be exact.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? This is always a hard question, but anything by Tori Kelly <3 I LOVEEEE HER!
5. What is your favorite food? I love food, but I am a deep down Italian. I love pasta. Fettuccine Alfredo (:
6. What is the last thing you bought? I think it was my business site: mytran.arbonne.com Please check it out! I’m doing the 30 day fitness challenge if anyone else wants to join me/my team!
7. Favorite book of all time? Hands down, To Kill A Mockingbird! I love this book and movie.
8. Do you have any pets? No pets over here. I was in middle school and got a fish…it died the same day I got it, four hours later. Sad day.
9. Favorite perfume? Currently, Michael Kors Radiant Rose Gold
10. Have you ever been out of the country? Well, I was born out of the country (Vietnam), but I haven’t been back ever since I moved to the States. It’s on my bucket list.
11. Do you speak any other language? Yes, Chinese, a little bit of Cantonese, and some Spanish.
12. How many siblings do you have? I have two. One brother and one sister, I am the youngest.
13. Where do you like to shop? Sephora and Ulta for makeup, sometimes Mac, but for clothes: H&M, Express, The Limited, New York and Company, Nike (I love my shoes).
14. Favorite restaurant? I loveeee Red Robin, Yummm! Who doesn’t like bottomless fries! (:
15. When was the last time you cried? I don’t know. I barely cry. Takes a lot for me to shed some tears.
16. Favorite blog? Oh man, I have too many! I can’t choose!
17. Favorite movie? Unleashed with Jet Li and Aaliyah.
18. Favorite TV shows? Criminal Minds, Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, Empire
19. PC or Mac? Mac
20. How tall are you? I am 5’4″
21. What phone do you have? iPhone 6s
22. Can you cook? Yes, I can 🙂 I love food. I love to cook as much as I love to eat.
23. What do you like to do for fun? I like hanging out with friends, going out to eat with people, shopping, watching movies, I love football and basketball, and I like going to the gym.
Well, ladies and gents, here you have it. Anything else, just ask! Maybe I can do another one of these down the road.
Yesterday, I came home yesterday to a package delivered to me by Influenster and Marc Beauty for a complimentary Marc Jacobs Lip Creme and Lip Liner. 🙂 It was a great surprise!
The lip creme was in the color Fawn Over Me, and the lip liner was in the color NUDE(IST). I used the liner first, and it was very smooth. It glides on and the color was great! I usually never line my lips because other lip pencils feel dry or weird on my lips, but this one actually felt comfortable. It’s easy to apply and is retractable, which is so convenient. As for the lip creme, it is the perfect nude for my skin tone. I think it would be the perfect nude for anyone, to be honest. It’s smooth and creamy, and long-lasting. It lasted all night at the event I was at! Every girl wants long-lasting lip wear and this product is the one! Here is a picture of the color.
I will definitely be purchasing a few of my own colors after using this one! 🙂
I haven’t done favorites in a while so here are some products I’ve been using and loving.
Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation
This foundation retails for $40 at Sephora or at Ulta. It stays on literally all night and has full coverage. It’s been one of my go-to foundations when I’m getting ready. I am in the color 6.0, which has a bit of a yellow undertone. I don’t have any streaks with application, and it goes on very smoothly!
2. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip – Love Bug
I like to wear this as a winter color. I’m pretty sure it is a fall lip, but I love this color too much to give it up for the season. It retails for $6 at Colourpop. You can’t beat that price! If you spend $30 or more, you get free shipping. This color is kind of a mix between burnt red to brown color. You can catch a swatch on my last post here.
3. Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer
I have not used another primer when I bought this one by Marc Jacobs. The one I tried using before this was by e.l.f., but that primer felt oily. This one smells and feels great. Makes my foundation application so much easier. This retails for $44 at Sephora. Its lasted for a while now. I haven’t bought a new one. I don’t do my makeup every day, but a lot goes a long way.
4. Morphe Deluxe Blending Fluff
This is the MB13 Morphe brush. One of my all time favorite brushes. It blends really well and it is very soft. I use it every time to blend out my crease or any shadows from lid to crease. It retails for about $5, and you can purchase it on the Morphe site. Technique brushes are everything.
5. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Highlight Palette
Probably one of my favorite highlighter palettes. Tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea collection is one of my favorite collections by this brand. I think they revamped their brand and is definitely now competing with the others just as well. That’s just my opinion. I like to use the color Sunlight and Moonlight and mix them both. It gives a nice pop. This palette retails for $42 at Sephora.
That is all for now beauties. For all of those that have subscribed to me since day one, I appreciate it, and thank you for being patient with me and my posts.